If you are looking for a delicious and healthy way to enjoy chicken, then you must try the Zesty Citrus Infused Chicken Delight. This mouthwatering dish is packed with flavor and nutrients that will leave you wanting more. In this article, we will explore the ingredients, preparation, and cooking steps for this recipe. So, let's get started!
To make Zesty Citrus Infused Chicken Delight, you will need the following ingredients:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 3 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of orange zest
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro
Before you start cooking, it is important to prepare the ingredients and make sure everything is readily available. Here is how to prepare the ingredients for Zesty Citrus Infused Chicken Delight:
1. Chicken breasts: Rinse the chicken breasts under cold running water, pat dry with paper towels, and place them on a cutting board. Cut each chicken breast into three equal pieces, then season them with salt and black pepper on both sides.
2. Garlic: Mince the garlic finely and set it aside.
3. Lime and lemon juice: Cut two fresh limes and one fresh lemon in half and squeeze out the juice into a small bowl. Discard the seeds and pulp.
4. Orange zest: Using a zester or a grater, remove the zest from one orange in thin strips. Make sure to avoid getting any of the white pith as it is bitter.
5. Cilantro: Wash the cilantro with cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Chop the cilantro coarsely and set it aside.
Now that we have prepared all the ingredients, it is time to cook the Zesty Citrus Infused Chicken Delight. Here are the steps to follow:
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add the seasoned chicken breasts to the skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until they start to turn golden brown.
3. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the minced garlic to the skillet. Cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
4. Pour the lime and lemon juice mixture into the skillet and add the orange zest. Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
5. Drizzle the honey over the chicken breasts and continue cooking for another 5-7 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
6. Remove the skillet from the heat and sprinkle the chopped cilantro over the chicken breasts.
7. Let the Zesty Citrus Infused Chicken Delight rest for a few minutes before serving.
Zesty Citrus Infused Chicken Delight is a healthy and flavorful dish that you can enjoy any time of the year. With the right combination of ingredients, this recipe will tantalize your taste buds and leave you feeling satisfied. Follow the above preparation and cooking steps to make this delicious dish at home and impress your family and friends.